Sunday, August 21, 2011

Trip home

We don't have any pictures from our trip home on August 19 or the first few days back in Madison. Dad was really sick on the plane, and I got barfy in the Madison airport when we landed, so mom didn't have spare hands to mess with the camera!  It was a long trip, but thankfully the plane rides were smooth without any delays.  We landed in the afternoon in Madison, and Luke was there to pick us up with all our luggage.  I hadn't slept on the plane, so I was super tired and fell asleep in the car on the way to our house. I didn't wake up until about 3 am the next day!

Mom and dad say the next few days were a blur because of jetlag and culture shock.  I didn't mind the jetlag too much, since I just woke up to play in the middle of the night when I wasn't sleepy!

Here are a few observations about Europe versus the US:

What we love about Madison:
  1. Our big house and yard
  2. Our kitty, Hazel
  3. Cheese curds
  4. Cheap alcohol (well actually this is just mom and dad)

What we miss about Europe:
  1. Walking everywhere
  2. Trains
  3. Roads without pot-holes
  4. Jamon and chorizo



No comments:

Post a Comment